10.15.2012

Star Wars Nursery!

This summer I received a phone call from one of my previous clients-they were pregnant and needed the room re-designed to welcome the little addition to the fam.  The only catch was that it was to have a theme, and that theme was--Star Wars.  Okay, I know it's crazy (as I'm told) but I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies, not one.  I couldn't tell you who R2D2 is or Chewbaca..for the life of me.  So I did a little research and found out that people are crazy about Star Wars, but that there aren't any Mobiles (the spinning thing that babies are suppose to look at in their cribs) and many other things that we here at NYID had to basically have made and constructed.  I saw a pillow online that had the Star Wars fabric cut out to spell the babies name, that was a cute idea, so we followed suit.  Adding a multi-globe like pendant light that resembles the planets and at night the ceiling is ablaze with the entire solar system (okay I went a little crazy on the stars).  Here is a sneak peak at my idea of a themed nursery!


 
 
Custom Mobile with all the
characters...I just can't remember their names.
 
 
 
Cute little pillow-Star Wars
Fabric Of course!