10.10.2011

Another Boring Show home

Just revealed recently (Oct 5) was Hearst Magazines Designer Visions Apartment- House Beautiful, Veranda, Town & Country et al., took part in designing what life at 1212 Fifth Avenue should look like.  Their take, honestly, couldn't be more boring and predictable.  It's almost as if the designers pumped a regurgitated room out of one of their old project files, so to speak.  I don't know about you but when I go to a show home or a house tour I want to be envious of the people that get to move in.  Now I realize this is still living that can't quite be frowned upon, but as an Interior Designer, I like to look to see what new ideas from the top people in the industry come up with.  Here's a couple photos of the tour.  I'll let them speak for themselves.

 Numi Toilet by Kohler. [House Beautiful master bath]

 Miele wall ovens in the S. Russell Groves-designed kitchen. [House Beautiful kitchen]